The Ultimate 12 Month Wedding Planner | with free downloadable checklist!
YOU’RE ENGAGED!! Yay, congrats!
Exciting times lay ahead! (eeek!) Now, just the small task of planning the perfect wedding…
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered! Even with a mountain of ideas, a little organisation can make your wedding everything you’ve ever dreamt of (and a little less stressful too!).
So….where to start?
Here’s our top tips to make you a total wedding planning professional!
12 Months+ Away
– Firstly, decide on your overall wedding idea. Think big or small, is it an overseas destination?
– SET YOUR BUDGET
– Write up your guest list – this goes hand in hand with your budget!
– Select your dream team (aka Bridal party)
– Set the date! Flexibility IS KEY as your venue may not be available!
– Select a bunch of venues to visit, check their availability and rates and then decide which works best for you
– If your considering a wedding planner, see at least three and get one booked!
10 Months Away
– Reserve your venue and book the Officiant
– Find the wedding dress of your dreams – absolute priority early on girls!
– RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH all potential professionals & suppliers! #Pinterest
– Time to get creative… make a mood board with all the details you love
Got your final vision? Great. Now choose what to bring it to life.
– Caterer’s always want you to taste their food, so your confident in your reception menu.
The wedding is 10 months away, so don’t hold back!
– Secure your perfect photographer – That’ll be one of us, obvs!
– Overseas wedding? Mail your save-the-dates!
8 Months Away
– Finalise alcohol providers with official contracts.
– Complete the gift registration for guests to lavish you both.
– Reserve all suppliers and rentals
– Make accommodation reservations for anyone coming from out of town
– Book a DJ!
– Contract your chosen Florist. Remember not all flowers will be in season!
– Who is writing or printing your invites and table name allocations? Get on it
6 Months Away
– Bridesmaid gowns on order? (always a tough gig….eeekkkk!)
– Mail save-the-dates if you’re getting married locally
– Confirm all wedding entertainment
– Order the groom’s and groomsmen attire (don’t leave them to it!)
– Begin research for the honeymoon
– Wedding rings???
– Order those official wedding invitations
– Schedule cake tastings and select a baker
– Choose your flower girl and the ring bearer
– Determine the ceremony order and get everyone’s agenda on point
– Make honeymoon reservations
– Arrange bachelor/bachelorette parties
3 Months Away
– Accessories! cufflinks, shoes, bow ties, jewelry, veil and something for the wedding night…
– Remember those gifts for those nearest and dearest supporting you in this organisational frenzie!!
– Put official invitations in the mail
2 Weeks Away
– Start to relax it’s all under control! And so it should be!
– Get some time to yourself, maybe a little spa-day, haircut etc…
– Double check travel arrangements for honeymoon and start packing!
– Sort the seating chart for guests
1 Week Away
– Confirm every single thing you’ve spent the last 12 months sorting!!
– Give your schedule for the day to the venues confirming deliveries, setup etc. make sure everyone is fully prepared!!
2-3 Days Away
– Wedding outfits have arrived and are ready to wear, right?
– Finalize bridal party order of entrance
– Deliver everything needed for the day to the venue
– Assign an emergency contact person for any mishaps. Just in-case you forget your shoes or something impossibly crazy like that!
– Make any final payment checks for vendors and other professionals
– Sleep well and stay rested!!
1 Day Away
– Present attendants with gifts
– Marriage license to the officiant
– Make sure payment envelopes are ready
YOUR WEDDING DAY!
– IT’S ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMGeee
– Eat a healthy breakfast
– Give rings to best man or maid of honor
– Get ready
– Eat, sip, say “I DO and enjoy your day.
Ps. remember to breathe!
Download your free 12 Month Wedding planner here!
Still feeling overwhelmed? Don’t worry! Our professional photographers and videographers are highly experienced in capturing your big day, as well as host of other wedding community friends we can recommend to help you plan out your dream big day…
Click to send us a message.